Re: pkgin can't process URL

* On 2019-07-17 at 17:13 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

> A handful of dependencies fail to install when using pkgin.  The error
> always shows a wildcard for the package name, e.g. 'libLLVM*'.  I'm not sure
> if that's anything special, or if it's just failing on these packages for
> some other reason.
>
> In every case, the package can be installed manually, but fails to install
> as a dependency.
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this?  pkgin bug?  Might it have to do with
> the web server config?

There are a few things odd about this:

 - Why is the log showing "pkg_add.bin"?  pkgin hardcodes the path to
   pkg_add so there is clearly something non-standard going on here -
   it would help to include anything like that in the initial bug
   report, otherwise we will assume you are using the defaults.

 - After downloading all the required packages, pkgin calls pkg_add
   with a full path to the downloaded package.  The fact it's falling
   back to the glob method shows something already went wrong earlier.

 - As the log shows your pkg_install is built without SSL support, so
   trying to install from https:// is not going to work.

I would first debug why the packages are not being installed directly
from the pkgin cache and go from there, the rest (SSL support and "no
pkg found") are essentially false flags as you shouldn't be falling
back to that method in the first place.  This will likely be caused by
whatever you are doing to pkg_add.bin.

Cheers,