Re: More print/poppler troubles: print/web2c

> setting GCC_REQD=5 so the C++14 sources could be compiled
That's why the pkgsrc infrastructure should infer GCC_REQD from USE_LANGUAGES.
I've written a patch to do that.

> The core of the issue is that you can't really pick C++ compilers on a
> per-package basis.
That's why the pkgsrc infrastructure should let you choose one GCC version
(at least for C++), bootstrap-compile that to a different PREFIX (because
the dependencies can't be used later on because they were built with a
different GCC version), compile everything else with that GCC and fail if
a package requires a newer one.
I've written a patch to do that, but without the bootstrap.