Re: py-cElementTree ?

On Tue, Jun 04, 2019 at 10:55:32AM +0200, Adam wrote:

> >> The XML parser is often set as via options, not directly.
> >
> > Thanks and I just found this:
> >
> > $ cat /usr/pkg/lib/python3.7/xml/etree/cElementTree.py
> > # Deprecated alias for xml.etree.ElementTree
> >
> > from xml.etree.ElementTree import *
>
> But we are not building the C-version in lang/pythonNN, so without textproc/py-cElementTree the user ends up with the slower implementation.

I see I should revert the comment I just added to py-cElementTree/DESCR.

Indeed, this is getting entertaining:
- as cElementTree is deprecated, gobject-introspection should be calling
  ElementTree
- gobject-instrospection still needs to depend cElementTree so that the
  faster implementation is found
- The default parser for ElementTree is XMLParser which depends on the
  pyexpat module via xml.parsers.expat. Debatable where that dependency
  should go - cElementTree? Just going for gobject-introspection for now...

Correct?

Cheers,

Patrick