Re: Protocol for requesting updates to packages?

Christopher Pinon <cjpinon%secondfloor.xyz@localhost> writes:

> Indeed, I should probably look into wip. (I always imagined that I would
> have to test a package on all supported platforms, which would be way
> beyond my possibilities. :-D )

There is no such rule.  In wip there are almost no rules.  For pkgsrc,
the person doing the update should have a good faith belief that the
update will continue to work on platforms where it worked before,
mostly.

> I was just hoping to prompt the maintainer ("pkgsrc-users") a bit, if a
> bit of prompting was all that was needed ... :-)

pkgsrc-users@ is not a maintainer.  It is how we write that there is no
maintainer.