Re: pkgsrc python default version -> 3.7

On 2019-04-25 11:08, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 04:43:24PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
On 24/04/2019 23:31, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
The default Python version in pkgsrc is now 3.7, in preparation for
the coming end of life date of Python 2.7 (the previous default) at
the end of this year.
Can we punt 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6 then?
3.4 fails at least to build on netbsd-current due to an openssl conflict by
the looks of it.

Roy
Adam already mentioned wanting to get rid of 3.4. I think that's
reasonable.

I think we should leave 3.6. I've heard at least one person mentioning
they don't want to rush to 3.7 (on a HPC setup supporting many users
that run their own python scripts).
Definitely keep 3.6 in the tree for a while.?? Having 3.7 as default will encourage moving forward, but we'll probably hit a few issues that we can work around by using 3.6 for now.