Re: filesystems/fuse-encfs compilation error; upgrade

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 08:22:34AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Please advise regarding the following error. This is on pkgsrc-current,
> NetBSD 8.0_RC1 amd64.

In web searches I discover my own filed PR a year back:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2018/05/02/msg063960.html

Looks like nobody is using encfs on NetBSD. Are there good alternatives
for the following requirement:

- An encrypted storage in the cloud that is mountable remotely

- Want to be able to mount on Linux as well as NetBSD. So not considering
  block storage. I think there is no common filesystem between the two
  OSes that works _reliably_ on both. (Leave alone fat.)

  Not sure how reliable ext2 support on NetBSD is for long term use.

  Alternatively not sure how reliable ufs mount of NetBSD ffs is on Linux.

Looked like encfs was a good option for this, but that has not been
building on NetBSD.

Mayuresh