Re: math/gnumeric112 fails to build

Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> writes:

> Am 24.03.2019 um 14:44 schrieb Greg Troxel:
>> pkgsrc head, netbsd-8, amd64
>>     msgstr.encode('utf-8')))
>> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 97
> Did you already set a breakpoint at the beginning of
> /usr/pkg/bin/itstool, to see which file and which environment variables
> cause this issue?

No, but good idea.

The command that fails, from ps, seems to be

  /usr/pkg/bin/python2.7 -s /usr/pkg/bin/itstool -m ../cs/cs.mo ..//C/gnumeric.xml

> I find it strange that the 'ascii' codec is involved in this line, since
> the code explicitly says 'utf-8'.

I think it's try to read ascii and output utf-8, if I read the errors correctly.

> How reliable is Python when it comes to pinpointing the exact line
> where an error has happened?

Good question.   I think that's right; the issue is why the call just
earlier failed.

"ascii" does not show up in itstool.
I'll keep looking for it.