Re: Samba 4.9.5 PLIST problem

On 17/03/2019 17:09, Adam Ciarciński wrote:
Somehow Samba didn't detect tevent and tdb. Have you build them with a different Python version, perhaps?

Nope its all part of a single build setup in a chroot and was all built
with the default python version of 2.7.

tevent was compiled and installed as a dependency of samba4 as was tdb and the configure script detected them fine. Here are the lines from the samba configure script (edited a bit for readability:

Checking for system tevent (>=0.9.37)                      : yes
Checking for system tdb (>=1.3.16)                         : yes

Samba has built and linked succesfully with the separately packaged tevent and tdb. The problem arises when generating the binary package.

I'm using pkg_comp1 which checks that all the files in the PLIST actually exist in destdir and the ones relating to tevent no longer do (quite correctly).

The problem here is one in the samba4 package PLIST not a configure detection problem. The PLIST is saying that samba should be providing tevent but based on the configure output, tevent is now a separate package so the samab4 package should not be listing those files in its PLIST as they are no longer part of the samba4 package instead they are provided by the separate tevent package.

I'm in the process of re-doing the build with those files removed from the PLIST which I think will resolve the issue.

Mike