Re: pkgin not respecting LOCALBASE

On 05/03/2019 02:03, Greg Troxel wrote:
You seem quite wizardly enough to make this work; most people don't use
pkg_comp at all, let alone under jenkins :-) Your call of course if the
savings from not migrating outweigh the effort to remain on the old
LOCALBASE...

Well it might be easy enough to move now I've been forced to create the symlink. pkg_comp makes sense for me as it allows me to build packages for my slower machines on my one fast build host. Its an ongoing project to see if I can get it working for acorn32 packages.

I am not 100% clear on how PKG_SYSCONFDIR gets set, but

$ make LOCALBASE=/usr/foo show-vars VARNAMES=PKG_SYSCONFDIR

shows that it moves to /usr/foo/etc.

That command works on my tree and in the standalone pkgcomp chroot I was migrating from.

You may want to look in the +BUILD_INFO file of an installed package and
see if you see /usr/pkg still.

That gives an interesting result:

From my pkgin +BUILD_INFO

LOCALBASE=/usr/local
PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR=/usr/pkg/etc
PKG_SYSCONFDIR=/usr/pkg/etc

And digging a bit deeper into the pkgcomp config file for my jenkins build what do I find:

LOCALBASE=/usr/pkg
PKG_SYSCONFBASE=/usr/pkg/etc
and a few other /usr/pkg references. :(

Mystery solved. My stupid mistake in my pkgcomp setup. I copied a bit too much from the template file I was using for my 8-stable systems which are /usr/pkg based.

Thanks for helping me track this down.

Mike