Re: nodejs fails on make install -current i386

Phil Rulon <pjr%zephyrite.net@localhost> writes:

> Good call.  I did and there was progress.  I'm a bit curious what you grepped.
> My go was:
>
>   find . -type f -exec grep '-not' {} \; -print
>
> and nothing.

I used
   egrep -R 'find.*-not' .
to avoid a string starting with -, and to avoid a bunch of stuff that
seemed not relevant.

> I changed the noted files and there was no more -not errors.  Again there was no
> errors on the build.  At 'make install' there are a number of errors about openssl
> header files being missing.  A bit frustrating, since there is a perfectly good
> openssl module in base.
>
> If it makes any sense, I'll make up a patch list with the changes.  The build is
> still broken, but at least the find issues are solved.

It would be best to file a bug upstream; we have a notion that upstream
bugs should be filed there and that patches in pkgsrc fixing them should
reference the upstream ticket.  Probably they are willing to fix the
usage to conform to POSIX and just don't realize a gnuism crept in.  But
yes, a patch in pkgsrc is totally fine.

> It's worth mentioning that the GNU man page for find, specifically mentions that
> -not is equivalent to \! but is not POSIX compliant.

If you like tilting at windmills, you can find a bug with GNU find that
use of -not should issue a warning :-)

> What's diabolical is that all this stuff takes 4 or 5 hours to crash these days.

Try using ccache via

.if exists(/usr/pkg/bin/ccache)
CCACHE_DIR?=		${HOME}/.ccache
PKGSRC_COMPILER?=	ccache gcc
.endif

in mk.conf.  That will make subsequent attempts faster.