Re: webkit-gtk fails to build

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 at 16:41, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > No luck. On the first box, with ccache setup, I got the same error as
> > on my other message about the lack of DISPLAY:
>
> I didn't mean ccache would make it work.  I meant that if you are
> debugging, and it takes an hour of compiling until it fails, you can
> by using ccache skip the compiles usually, and fail faster, so your
> debug cycle is shorter.

Yes, I realize that.

> > ** (process:14188): CRITICAL **: 15:56:52.864: Failed to get
> > connection to xfconfd: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
>
> > So the next try will be with a valid DISPLAY, I guess.
>
> It would be nice to get two things fixed upstream:
>
>    actually fail cleanly if things needed aren't there
>
>    don't try to use $DISPLAY

I am trying at the moment with DISPLAY set - just to see if it might
work similar to my other report with xfce4-thunar, which did. It is
clear that it should work without it, of course.

> > which is perhaps an exhaused resource - it is just 2CPU 2GB VirtualBox
> > guest. I'll boost it and try again.
>
> yes, could be.
> Make sure you are using MAKE_JOBS=1.

It seems to be using once core at a time, I don't have MAKE_JOBS set
in mk.conf, so whatever the default is. In this case 2GB memory was
not enough, so I increased it to 6GB. The other laptop has 20GB, so
this is not a concern.

--
----