Re: Request tex-attachfile (or alternatives)

Dear Mayuresh,

On 2018-12-23, Mayuresh wrote:
> I was looking to use `attachfile' with pkgsrc based latex installation.
>
> While I did not find attachfile, I see following similar sounding ones:
>
> # grep attachfile */PLIST
> auctex/PLIST:${EMACS_LISPPREFIX}/auctex/style/attachfile.el
> auctex/PLIST:${EMACS_LISPPREFIX}/auctex/style/attachfile.elc
> tex-oberdiek-doc/PLIST:share/texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/attachfile2.pdf
> tex-oberdiek/PLIST:share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/oberdiek/attachfile2.sty
>
> Any tips on whether any of these could be used in place of attachfile
> would help.
>
> I could also see wip/tex-attachfile-doc, though wonder why there is no
> corresponding tex-attachfile package.
>
> If tex-attachfile must be created, if there are any instructions please
> let me know.
>
> Mayuresh

It seems I imported wip/tex-attachfile-doc with the following reason

  commit c015a01fe070ccde0c65e1cecaec8add427dbbf0
  Author: Yorick Hardy
  Date:   Thu Mar 23 22:42:50 2017 +0200

      tex-attachfile-doc: import tex-attachfile-doc-1.9

      Documentation for tex-attachfile.

      This documentation is needed for the attachfile2 package
      in print/tex-oberdiek. The attachfile2 package should be
      used instead of attachfile.

I have successfully used attachfile2, but I needed this documentation
in order to use it.

Note that "texdoc attachfile2" provides little information on how
to use the package - unless you wade through the package implementation.
The attachfile2 package should be viewed as an improvement and extension
of attachfile.

I read that you managed with attachfile2, so just carry on using that!

--
Kind regards,

Yorick Hardy