Re: Java

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:00:39 +0000
Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> Is there anything we can do to help with a package for Java 11, I don't
> see anything in WIP ?
>
> One other shorter term plan could be to do packages for openjdk8 but
> built from the trees for arm and aarch64. The main differences between
> these trees and the main jdk8u-dev one is that they contain arm and
> aarch64 versions of the Hotspot JIT, there do seem to be other
> differences too though.

Hi,

The bsd-port is afaik still not merged in proper upstream. To get
Hotspot instead of zeroVM on ARM you'd have to merge the bsd-port and
the aarch64-port trees.

My advice would be to talk to the FreeBSD Java people to see what
their plan is going forward since they are in the same situation as
us wrt this issue.

Kind regards,
-Tobias