Re: Building binary package off of remote binary set

* On 2018-11-06 at 17:01 GMT, J. Lewis Muir wrote:

> On 11/01, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> > This is what our pkgbuild infrastructure does:
> >
> >   https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/wiki/pkgdev:setup
> >   https://github.com/joyent/pkgbuild/
> >
> > It sets up an identical build environment to what we use, and will
> > pull binary packages from our repository for dependencies (with a
> > node.js proxy running in the background to store them locally for
> > subsequent builds).
>
> Does Joyent plan to add support to pkgbuild for the amd64 port of
> NetBSD?  If not, would Joyent be open to accepting a pull request that
> adds support for it?

I have no plans to add NetBSD support, but you're welcome to.  I'd
quite like to see a generic config target that supports all OS with no
specific options, then it can be useful for a broader range of
platforms without having to add all of them individually.

I know tm@ got it working on FreeBSD:

  https://twitter.com/docscream/status/1023994606470529025

so you may want to co-ordinate.

There's still some bits in the pkgbuild repository that are leftovers
from the private repository we use internally that it is exported
from, so hopefully the more people use it the more we can improve it
for general purpose.

Thanks,