Shared distfiles over NFS for several machines

Hi!

I was just curious if some of you might have this problem: I have several machines that build packages for different operating systems and architectures. Downloading distfiles over and over again doesn't sound a good idea so I was thinking about having distfiles shared over NFS. The problem is that different machines might try to download the file at the same time, possibly causing some conflict for the downloaded file. AFAIK, pkgsrc doesn't have anything like a lock for it, does it?

One solution would be to download all files with "make fetch-list | sh" but I'd have to wait for all distfiles to be downloaded before starting to building them.

(Must of the time I'll be using pbulk, but I believe the problem is the same, no?).

--
Silas