Re: ffmpeg3 "x11" option vs "vaapi", "vdpau" options

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018, John D. Baker wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2018, Greg Troxel wrote:

> > make show-vars VARNAMES=PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
>
> $ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
> fdk-aac gnutls opencore-amr opus rtmp x265 xcb -x11
> $ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
> pam ssl -x11 -cups -pulseaudio -alsa -dbus -gvfs -jack -arts
>
> So, together:
> $ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS
> ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr
> openssl opus rtmp theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid
>
> > and also check what the options variable is (read all of makefile and
> > options.mk).  check the variable values.
>
> All appears to be in order.  options.mk consistently queries PKG_OPTIONS.
> The buildlink3.mk file consistently queries PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3.
>
> Changing to "multimedia/minidlna", I can query PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3:
>
> $ pwd
> /x/pkgsrc/multimedia/minidlna
> $ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
>  ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr
> openssl opus rtmp theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid

What is interesting is that the failure of "minidlna" due to "vaapi"
and "vdpau" options in "ffmpeg3" depends on the _installed package_
and not the current values of the various PKG*OPTIONS* variables.

With ffmpeg3 built and installed with "vaapi" and "vdpau" enabled (but
masked due to "-x11"), it does not matter if I add "-vaapi -vdpau" to
"PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3".  Minidlna will claim that it requires X11 and
fail to build because "/usr/X11R6" was not found.

$ pwd
/x/pkgsrc/multimedia/ffmpeg3
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
pam ssl -x11 -cups -pulseaudio -alsa -dbus -gvfs -jack -arts
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
fdk-aac gnutls opencore-amr opus rtmp x265 xcb -vaapi -vdpau
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS
ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr
openssl opus rtmp theora vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid
$ cd ../minidlna
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
 ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr
openssl opus rtmp theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid

If I build and install "ffmpeg3" with explicit "-vaapi -vdpau" in
PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3, it doesn't matter if I take them out (re-enble
them) again.  "minidlna" will not complain and proceed to build.

$ pwd
/x/pkgsrc/multimedia/ffmpeg3
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
pam ssl -x11 -cups -pulseaudio -alsa -dbus -gvfs -jack -arts
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
fdk-aac gnutls opencore-amr opus rtmp x265 xcb
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS
ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr openssl opus rtmp theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid
$ cd ../minidlna
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
 ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr openssl opus rtmp theora vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid