Re: modular-xorg-server now segfaults with both Clang and GCC

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:04:22 -0500
Cág <ca6c%bitmessage.ch@localhost> wrote:

> A couple of days ago I did a bulk build on NetBSD with pkgsrc-current
> and lang/clang as the compiler. I forgot that clang-compiled xorg
> produces segfaults and first wondered why Xorg wouldn't start -- it
> told about a segmentation fault but didn't dump a core. I think there
> was a thread about it a couple of years ago. Anyway, at first I thought
> it was Mesa, and rebuilt it. After no luck, I used Mesa from wip, with
> no luck again (thanks for the update btw! Maya, was that you?). At the
> end of the day, I tried rebuilding modular-xorg-server with gcc, and
> it would still segfault, leaving the only option to use 1.19 instead
> of -current's 1.20.
>
> Anybody got a clue, why this segfault happens? Maybe somebody got a
> patch? Does it happen to anyone else at all?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

It has started segfaulting for me too. Haven't had time to look into it.
The backtrace was somewhere in the guts of the radeon driver so I tried
Option "NoAccel" "true" and then it started working, so you might want
to consider that solution for the time being.

-Tobias