Re: Python (Multi) installation?

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> > All the python3 packages conflicted until
> >
> > revision 1.12
> > date: 2017-12-13 13:56:10 +0100;  author: jperkin;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1;  commitid: oId3ftm4FnPzmJiA;
> > python36: Disable libpython3.so.
> >
> > This is a useless library (we've built it incorrectly for a long time so it
> > contains no valid symbols) that only creates CONFLICTS with other python3
> > packages.  No objection on tech-pkg.  Bump PKGREVISION.

In another part of this thread, I've set PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT=36 so that
I only have to install two versions of python instead of three.

In the process of rolling back some packages, I ran into the problem that
py36-meson conflicted with the already-installed py37-meson.  Since I
expect to be nuking python37 and py37-* packages after the rollback, I
just pkg_deleted py37-meson and was done with it.  It might be something
to investigate, however.

The issue of pkg_chk being confused by py27-* packages and complaining
that their py3?-* counterparts are missing seems exacerbated by setting
my own PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT.