Re: Python (Multi) installation?

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018, John D. Baker wrote:

> Perhaps I'll scan my complement of packages for PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE
> and/or PYTHON_VERSION_REQD and see if python27 can go away as it's clear
> python36 and python37 are mandatory for my usual set of packages.

I think I see what happened.  Some package that had used python27 now
works with python3x and the descending order of PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED
took precedence over the installed python36-3.6.5nb1.

I've scanned my complement of packages for python users.  Of those, most
show no preference, neither _REQD or _INCOMPATIBLE.  Only a handful won't
work with python3x.

The only fly in the ointment is libreoffice which won't work with python37.

In my quest for the most with the least, I've set PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT=36.
After rebuilding all the python users I should be able to remove all
traces of python37 and a number of now-unused py27-* packages.