Re: wip/dspdfviewer: Request for review

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Santhosh Raju <santhosh.raju%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 09:38:44AM +0530, Santhosh Raju wrote:
>>> I have a request for a review for a package[1] in pkgsrc-wip git repository.
>>>
>>> dspdfviewer[2] is a pre-rendering and caching (read: fast) full-screen
>>> pdf viewer specifically designed for latex-beamer presentations.
>>>
>>> It would be nice if someone can review the files in the package and do
>>> a build to check if the script is working as expected.
>>>
>>> I wrote the script for pkgsrc using NetBSD 7.1.1. I did the pkglint,
>>> build and install on the package, which all went through without
>>> issues, but I did not have a way to run the application. So it would
>>> be nice if someone can verify the program runs as expected.
>>>
>>> If everything looks good, I would like to move the package to pkgsrc proper.
>>
>> It builds fine. I used it on a random pdf and it displayed the first
>> page in two halves (left|right), first half on one fullscreen, second
>> half with time display and timer and preview of more pages on the
>> second.
>>
>> I'm not sure what the intention is and if that is expected, but if it
>> is, the package looks good to me.
>
> Yes, that is the intention. The program acts as a tool for presenting
> LaTeX Beamer presentations. Once the slides are generated with speaker
> notes, dspdfviewer splits the display into slide which is presented in
> the main screen and speaker notes (along with timers and preview etc)
> in the presenter's console.
>
> So yes it is working as expected.
>
>>  Thomas
>
> --
> Santhosh

I finally got sometime and a RPi2 to play around with so I installed NetBSD 8.0.

# uname -a
NetBSD armv7 8.0 NetBSD 8.0 (RPI2) #0: Tue Jul 17 14:59:51 UTC 2018
mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/RPI2
evbarm
#

I setup pkgsrc and installed wip/dspdfviewer. I have attached a
screenshot of the expected working of the application.

You can see it takes a presentation PDF (created from latex-beamer in
this example) and splits it for audience and presenter.

Let me know if it is alright to pull out the code from pkgsrc-wip and
put it into pkgsrc-current.

--
Santhosh