Re: Errors building Xen - gcc48 failure

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 08:07:19PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 06:03:04PM +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> > >
> > > Xen needs the gcc headers, the NetBSD ones arn't good enough
> >
> > What's wrong with the netbsd headers?
>
> Actually it's not for building NetBSD binaries but native Xen binaries.
> >From memory the NetBSD headers pull in too many things, and result in
> conflicts with the local ones.

I've dug at this for too long.
Xen builds newlib with -nostdinc -isystem SOMEPATH/include

where SOMEPATH=gcc -print-search-dirs | sed -n -e 's/install: \(.*\)/\1/p'

For netbsd's base GCC, that points to a directory with nothing in it.
For pkgsrc GCC, it points to a directory with things like stddef.h in
it.

netbsd doesn't really have a stddef.h anywhere but /usr/include. so I am
not sure what to do.