Re: devel/autoconf vs help2man on amd64 -8 and -current?

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 08:56:35AM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> > "help2man" is v1.47.6, updated before the "devel/autoconf" update
> > attempt (via pkg_rolling-replace).
>
> I guess 'pkg_delete help2man' will work around this.

Except that "devel/autoconf/Makefile" contains:

[...]
BUILD_DEPENDS+=         help2man-[0-9]*:../../converters/help2man
[...]

which reinstalls "help2man" and the build fails again.

Just for grins, I commented out the above BUILD_DEPENDS line and it
failed the same way--likely because help2man was still installed.
after removing "help2man-1.47.6", the build succeeded with the warnings:

[...]
--- ./config.guess.1 ---
help2man: not found
--- ./config.sub.1 ---
help2man: not found
WARNING: 'help2man' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified a dependency of a manual page.  You may need the
         Help2man package in order for those modifications to take
         effect.  You can get Help2man from any GNU archive site.
--- ./config.guess.1 ---
WARNING: 'help2man' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified a dependency of a manual page.  You may need the
         Help2man package in order for those modifications to take
         effect.  You can get Help2man from any GNU archive site.
[...]

It's more curious that I've seen it, so far, only on amd64 systems.
i386 and sparc work just fine.  I expect to try earmv7-hf soon-ish.