Is opting out of gobject-introspection safe [ was ... gst.h not found error]

On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 11:15:10PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 09:14:11PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > > fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory

With PKG_OPTIONS.gst1-base += -introspection I got rid of the problem.

But in general is it advisable to do so? What is the role of
gobject-introspection and how critical is that?

I have more errors such as with pango, where introspection is not provided
as an option by pkgsrc (though it's provided by configure).

Only peculiar thing about this setup is /usr/pkgsrc/ is a soft link to
/usbdisk/usr/pkgsrc. Could that be causing some problem with paths
resulting in gobject-introspection related problems?

Mayuresh