Re: github & url2pkg

>> I was hoping that url2pkg would understand more github projects
>> and wanted to try to bring in goldencheetach via
>> https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/archive/v3.5-DEV1710.tar.gz
>> but it still misfires on building the url:
>>
>>  Can't lookup
>>  `v3.5-DEV1710.tar.gz:https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/archive/DEV1710.tar.gz':
>>  servname not supported for ai_socktype

> I don't understand why this URL starts with "v3.5". The part before the
> "https" might explain the strange "servname not supported" error message.

Yes, that is the reason. How it built that url just baffled me.

>> GITHUB_PROJECT= GoldenCheetah
>> DISTNAME=       v3.5-DEV1710

> Url2pkg did a bad job here. If DISTNAME were only for downloading the

I have tried on and off for some time to get this to work. I have
never gotten anywhere close to doing so. I finally just gave up.
It is really nice to know that it wasn't a simple problem. :^)

Part of the problem is in the path they use to point at a distribution.
It certainly could be much simpler but it is better than before
when they didn't even have a distribution file and you just had to
pull the source from github, so progress.

I'll see what I can end up with now. Thanks!