Re: fix duplicate declaration in ldns header

On 27 May 2018 at 15:44, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 02:11:09PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>> Presumably removing duplicate declarations is also harmless (provided,
>> as is the case here, the change has already been committed upstream)?
>>
>> Or, perhaps, building against pkgsrc with -Werror -W*prototype* isn't
>> a reasonable expectation?
>
> Which flag specifically? As I said, the ISO C standard explicitly allows
> definitions of functions.

"But duplicate function definitions are harmless?"
We're not talking ISO C, but I guess we are now :-)

> They should not get a warning under normal
> circumstances. I see no reason to carry such a patch locally.

Presumably one of these, none of which are that unreasonable:

WARNING_CFLAGS = -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-nonliteral
-Wformat-security -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls
-Wnested-externs

-Wredundant-decls?