Problems building MesaLib on NetBSD-8

I have been trying to get graphics/MesaLib to install under NetBSD-8 and
seem to be having problems with configure not finding some components
despite them being present.  This is a very recent pkgsrc-current
against a recent NetBSD-8 snapshot. I am using the built-in X stuff.

Running make results in configure crashing out complaining about
dri3proto not being found:

checking for SHA1Init... yes
checking for CC_SHA1_Init... no
checking for wincrypt.h... no
checking for SHA1Init in -lmd... no
checking for LIBSHA1... no
checking for nettle_sha1_init in -lnettle... no
checking for gcry_md_open in -lgcrypt... no
checking for SHA1_Init in -lcrypto... yes
checking for OPENSSL... no
checking for SHA1 implementation... libc
checking for LIBUDEV... no
checking for LIBDEVQ... no
Please specify at least one package name on the command line.
--print-errors: not found
checking for GLPROTO... yes
checking for DRI2PROTO... yes
checking for DRI3PROTO... no
configure: error: Package requirements (dri3proto >= 1.0) were not met:

Package 'dri3proto', required by 'virtual:world', not found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DRI3PROTO_CFLAGS
and DRI3PROTO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/MesaLib
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/MesaLib

However dri3proto is present:

root(dellpc)MesaLib$ pkg-config --modversion dri3proto
1.0

I have tried using the environmental variables to override the check and
that works but then configure reports more things missing which are
actually present. Again these problems can be worked around by
environmental overrides but ultimately the build flops out during
compilation of some the the drm stuff as that fails to find intel_aub.h
despite that having been installed by the libdrm package.

I've had a look in the configure script and cannot see any obvious
issue... Has anyone tested this stuff recently or got fixes to
workaround the problems?

(I want to do some testing with the kde 5 stuff and kwayland needs the
EGL stuff provided by MesaLib)

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 07805784357