Re: GCC and as

On 05/11/18 16:51, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 03:51:17PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
assembler.  I was hoping it might be as simple as

AS=             ${PREFIX}/bin/gas

Not so, unfortunately.  If not, perhaps the gcc packages should be using
pkgsrc binutils on CentOS?
Setting a variable doesn't really help. There are options: Sort your own
PATH appropiately or ensure that as symlinks are created in .tools/bin.

Joerg

It looks like gcc ignores work/.cwrapper/bin/as.  I tried overwriting it, tweaking so it would wrap ${PREFIX}/bin/gas, and gcc kept using /usr/bin/as instead.

Since this affects more than one package, I think patching the gcc packages is the right way to go anyway.

Thanks...