Problems installing packages on NetBSD-8.0_RC1

Need some guidance/pointers here.

Recently installed NetBSD-8.0_RC1 on a system and have run into problems trying to configure it with a few of the packages I use.  Tried the 8.0/8.0_2018Q1 repository but it doesn’t contain some of the packages I’m looking for, like xfce4.  Tried using the 8.0_current repository, but had the same problem.

Another problem I keep running into with the pre-built packages is one of dependency.  Package A requires Package B but package B has been upgraded and is no longer compatible with the version of Package A that’s in the repository.  So even though there are a lot of pre-built packages in the repository, many of them are somewhat unusable because of package-to-package dependencies.  Are there periodic bulk builds of everything in the stable branches to make sure everything in the repository is consistent?  If so, do I find those thru postings to the pkgsrc-buld mailing list?

Also tried installing NetBSD-7.1.2 and it’s associated packages but run into similar problems.  Seems like the last version of NetBSD I was able to successfully install with the pre-build packages I use was 7.0.

I tried building the packages I want to use.  They run into build problems on both the stable and current branches.  On top of this I find that some of the pre-built packages that are in the 2018Q1 repository don’t successfully rebuild from the stable sources, example print/enscript.

Do the stable repositories get updated?  Is that what I should focus on and report build errors I’m seeing via PRs?  Or is only the current repository getting love and attention for updates?

Thanks,