Re: Webserver users

On 26/04/2018 13:08, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

The *only* reason we have this mess is to cater to mod_php users. I'd
say let's inverse that and provide a reasonable setup that works for
all sane setups, i.e. where the application runs as its own user and
with a *group* www, if necessary at all.

Whats with the mod-php hate. If you are running a single application webserver why is that not a reasonable solution? What's the technical reason for wanting to avoid it? This is for my own education. If there is a better way to run php applications in a web server with no extra overhead over mod-php I'd like to know about it.

Mike