Re: guile20 does not build

Oops:

# grep iconv /etc/mk.conf
USE_BUILTIN.iconv=no

Slightly odd that this only affects libunistring whereas guile20 continues to try to use builtin even with this set (hence the mismatch).

Anyway, sorry for the noise.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, Stephen Borrill wrote:

Up-to-date netbsd-7, rm -r /usr/pkg and all binary packages removed.
NetBSD  7.1_STABLE NetBSD 7.1_STABLE (XEN3_DOMU.201804190100Z) amd64

=> Checking file-check results for guile20-2.0.14nb2
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/obj/lang/guile20/work/.destdir/usr/pkg: ERROR: /usr/obj/lang/guile20/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/lib/libguile-2.0.so.22.8.1-gdb.scm
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in /usr/obj/lang/guile20/work/.destdir/usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
ERROR: /usr/obj/lang/guile20/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/lib/libguile-2.0.a-gdb.scm
*** Error code 1

This is because of the following:

 CCLD     libguile-2.0.la

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -liconv.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libiconv and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a regex pattern. Last file checked: /usr/obj/lang/guile20/work/.buildlink/lib/libunistring.so
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

As I understand it, it should be using base iconv functionality in libc. This was all working, I cannot see what has changed in pkgsrc-2018Q1.

Ideas? I'd like to avoid using PREFER_PKGSRC if I can.

--
Stephen