Re: How to handle updates to mozilla-rootcerts?

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 07:24:48AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> Could someone explain why this isn't ok?  I'll admit I don't really
> understand why people have issues with this.

This has strange side effects when you do not build in a chroot and don't
intend to install the resulting binary pkgs on the build machine.

I'm not sure how many people would be affected, probably not too many.

A hack/workaround could be to have a special variable set during the
install as a build dependency that avoids the real modification, but
when doing a pkg_add or similar later does run the script to actually
alter the configuration.

Martin