[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Announcing the pkgsrc-2018Q1 release
The pkgsrc developers are proud to announce the 58th quarterly release
of pkgsrc, the cross-platform packaging system. pkgsrc is available
with more than 18000 packages, running on 23 separate platforms; more
information on pkgsrc itself is available at https://www.pkgsrc.org/
In total, 213 packages were added, 76 packages were removed, and 1979
package updates (to 1355 unique packages) were processed in 4955
commits by 69 unique committers since the pkgsrc-2017Q4 release.
Some of the more notable updates included in 2018Q1 are:
- Erlang 20.3
- Firefox 52.7.3, 59.0.2
- GCC 7.3.0
- Go 1.10.1
- Mutt 1.9.4
- MySQL 5.5.59, 5.6.39, 5.7.21
- NodeJS 6.13.1, 8.10.0, 9.8.0
- OpenJDK8 1.8.162
- PHP 5.6.35, 7.0.29, 7.1.16, 7.2.4
- Postfix 3.3.0
- PostgreSQL 9.3.22, 9.4.17, 9.5.12, 9.6.8, 10.3
- Python 3.4.8, 3.5.5, 3.6.5
- QT5 5.10.1
- Ruby 2.2.10, 2.3.7, 2.4.4, 2.5.1
- Ruby On Rails 4.2.10, 5.1.5
- Rust 1.24.1
- Xorgproto 2018.4
We say notable goodbyes to:
- Apache 2.2 and related modules.
- Various Xorg proto packages, unified by Xorgproto.
- Many more packages honour RELRO flags.
- MySQL 5.7 is now the default implementation.
- TEST_DEPENDS has been introduced, along with :test support for
- USE_LANGUAGES now supports gnu++03 and c++03 to explicitly set the
standard and allow older packages to build with newer compilers.
Many packages have additionally been fixed to use these.
Instructions on using the binary package manager can be found at
http://pkgin.net, and pkgsrc itself can be retrieved from
https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc or via cvs or tar file -- see
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/getting.html. The branch name for
the 2018Q1 branch is "pkgsrc-2018Q1".
Jonathan Perkin - Joyent, Inc. - www.joyent.com
Main Index |
Thread Index |