Re: compilation of devel/gobject-instrospection fails, glib/gmacros.h missing

On Tue 09 Jan 2018 at 18:48:28 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I mean that when building any package, the value returned by $cwd and
> the value returned by "pwd -P" should match.
>
> If you put all of pkgsrc someplace, and cd to it somehow, via symlink or
> not, and then "cd `/bin/pwd -P`", you should avoid this problem.

Looking at sh(1), cd uses -P as a default option:

            The -P option instructs the shell to update PWD with the specified
            physical directory path and change to that directory.  This is the
            default.

but bash(1) doesn't. However, it has "set -P" or "set -o physical" for the
same effect.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.