Re: pkgsrc-2017Q3 installation on 6.1.5 i386

On 18/12/2017 16:31, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 04:51:03PM +0000, Nick B. wrote:
I did try but using 4.8. I was getting errors with some packages not linking
correctly and other failures. I've gone back to 2016Q4 which seems to have
solved most of my problems. I'll have another try with 2017Q3 on a different
install with your hints and see if I can make any progress.

Make sure to use the latest GCC package too, there were some fixes that
might've fixed your linking issues.

I was building and using gcc from pkgsrc 2017Q3. Is this the correct version? I built this first, prior to defining GCC_REQD>=4.8 as I was getting circular dependency errors.

--
Nick B.