Re: Does anybody use pkgsrc on Centos/RHEL/Fedora on a daily basis?

* On 2017-11-28 at 13:39 GMT, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> I'm not sure whether to start with the plain vanilla pkgsrc or the
> forked pkgsrc-joyent from joyent (Maybe Jonathan Perkin can jump in
> explain the difference, as I've been away from pkgsrc for some time).

There is https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc-joyent/ which is just
another additional repository a bit like wip where we store packages
that aren't suitable for either pkgsrc or pkgsrc-wip.

Then there's https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/ which is our loose fork
of pkgsrc.  This contains our feature branches of changes that aren't
ready or appropriate for pkgsrc, and our release branches which are
made up of our feature branches plus additional backports for our LTS
releases.

Unless you specifically know that you require certain features in our
fork then you should use pkgsrc.  Off the top of my head I can't think
of any features we've developed that would benefit CentOS.  Our daily
CentOS bulk builds also just use pkgsrc.