Re: work in pause?

from Mandacarú Cascavel :

> May we suspect some packages in pkgsrc-wip are in pause, not in progress? For example: sxemacs, xombrero.

I don't know about sxemacs, but I too was curious about xombrero.

I checked, and it was no longer being developed upstream because of security vulnerabilities.

Quoting from Wikipedia:

In early 2017, it appeared the project was likely to be discontinued, as xombrero depended on an old version of WebKit which had multiple security vulnerabilities, and a port to a modern version of WebKit would be difficult.  Due to these issues, OpenBSD removed xombrero from its ports tree on 1 February 2017.

Github page says

xombrero has been retired and is no longer under development and supported.

Tom