Re: How to restrict dependency to an older version?

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 12:17:49AM +0200, Alexander Harm wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> in a futile attempt to update CouchDB from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 I stumbled
> upon the issue that CouchDB only works up to Erlang v19.3
>
> I tried to restrict the version using:
>
> BUILD_DEPENDS+=        erlang>=17<20:../../lang/erlang
>
> or
>
> BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.erlang=     build
> BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.erlang+=  erlang<20
> BUILDLINK_ABI_DEPENDS.erlang+=  erlang<20
> .include "../../lang/erlang/buildlink3.mk"
>
> However, in both cases when running bmake it always picks the current
> version which is 20.1
>
> How can restrict the versions of Erlang?

The pattern looks ok.

By default, dependencies are installed from source, so if you type
'make' and erlang is not installed, it will descend into lang/erlang
and build and install the version there.

There is no separate erlang19 package, so it will never work as
intended completely.

If you do have an erlang 19 binary package lying around, you can do

make DEPENDS_TARGET=bin-install install-depends

and it will install the dependencies from the binary packages. Then
your pattern should work.
 Thomas