Re: Hardware decoding in ffmpeg3 on RPI.

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 09:26:12AM +0100, trebol wrote:
Hello, something like this in options.mk adds support for hardware decoding.

# Raspberry Pi support
.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mrpi)
.include "../../misc/raspberrypi-userland/buildlink3.mk"
#CFLAGS+=		"-L${PREFIX}/lib"
SUBST_CLASSES+=		vc
SUBST_STAGE.vc=		pre-configure
SUBST_MESSAGE.vc=	Fixing path to VideoCore libraries.
SUBST_FILES.vc=		configure
SUBST_SED.vc+=		-e 's;-isystem/opt/vc;-I${PREFIX};g'
SUBST_SED.vc+=		-e 's;/opt/vc;${PREFIX};g'
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-omx-rpi --enable-mmal --disable-xvmc
.endif

Thanks, I've added this.

I can't test it though, so someone with an rpi should do that :)
Thomas

Well... it's broken.

ffplay3 codec:v:1 h264_mmal video.mp4

And you'll have a wonderful 'translation fault' crash.

Xine has mmal support too, but is also broken. mpv has mmal support, but it needs other GL libraries appart of the ones from raspberrypi-userland to compile and it was a mess... and I was already giving up. The only application I was able to use with hardware acceleration is omxplayer, and it is just complete unstable.

If someone is using NetBSD current in a RPI (I have a RPI2 v1.1) and is able to compile, for example, SDL2 with a working rpi driver, I'd love to hear about it.

regards,
trebol.