Re: lang/rust PLIST fix

In Message <20171001142017.7D4A111535B%xen1.duzan.org@localhost>,
   "Gary Duzan" <gary%duzan.org@localhost>wrote:

=>   I just managed to get lang/rust to build on amd64 with the latest
=>netbsd-8 branch, but I had to do the following:
=>
=>	* Apply a pthread_attr fix from -current (which has been
=>	  requested for pullup.)
=>	* Apply the included patch to the PLIST.
=>
=>   The first issue should be addressed once the pullup goes through,
=>but I'm concerned about the second going forward. While I did make
=>one change to fix a misapplied global replace, the bulk of the
=>changes relate to the hashes in the filenames, and presumably that
=>could change fairly often, making maintenance a pain. It looks like
=>this has come up on OpenBSD as well, and there may be recent rust
=>changes to make the hashes more stable:
=>
=>	https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/39786
=>	https://github.com/rust-lang/cargo/pull/3611
=>
=>   However, even with that change new rust release would still
=>require a significant PLIST update. Has anyone looked into doing
=>a dynamic PLIST for rust? I could take a look, but I don't have a
=>particular background with rust; I was just trying to get the latest
=>firefox built.

   Of course, right after sending this I saw from the history
that there used to be ${RUST_VERHASH} all over the PLIST, but a
recent commit got rid of them.

				Gary Duzan