Re: Bootstrapping pkgsrc 2017Q3 on HP-UX 11i

Ok I got a little bit further now...
I was investigating bmake's source a bit, especially var.c where this
error is coming from.
It seems that an state-machine is feeding regex stuff to the libc's
regex functions.
If something cannot be resolved then the function regexec returns > 0 -
so this is where the error is "Unexpected regex error" is printed then.

So this means that newer pkgsrc uses RegEx which is incompatible with
HP-UX libc's version, hence newer pkgsrc doesn't support HP-UX 11i anymore.
So the information on any site related to pkgsrc/netbsd should be upgraded.

I guess the only way to fix this is trying to compile glibc... or simply
dont use HP-UX 11i anymore.