Re: qt3 removal after branch

On 10 September 2017 at 16:23, Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Debian is working on removing qt4: https://wiki.debian.org/Qt4Removal
>
> So I thought it must be high time we at least remove qt3...

(Not that I'm stepping up to do the work here, so feel free to take
this with a pinch of salt).

Hasn't https://www.trinitydesktop.org/ taken over support of qt3 and
is continuing to release their fork of KDE3 plus qt3? (plus added
"partial FreeBSD support" in their latest release -
https://www.freebsdnews.com/2016/11/23/kde3-forked-desktop-updated-partial-freebsd-support/
)

Its possible that it may make sense for qt4 to go away before qt3 if
everything significant has been migrated from qt4 to qt5 and there is
still trinity desktop plus other apps on qt3.

David