pkgin for sparc

Hi,
i started to use pkgin on my old sparcstation5. I use the default netbsd repo :

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/sparc/7.0/All/

Thing is, when I compare with, for instance sparc64 architecture, there is a lot less package :

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/sparc64/7.0/All/

It make 462 packages for sparc vs 16325 packages for sparc64. ( FYI amd64 has 18143 packages ).

Out of curiosity, it is the right place to ask why ? Why the huge gap between the number of package for this architecture ? And can I help ? I'm ready to help, even compiling myself the packages, but I might need some guidance here about how to "publish" packages to the NetBSD site.

Thanks