Re: Default compilation flags for binary pkgs

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 03:28:00PM -0600, Swift Griggs wrote:

> Are these on for the pkgsrc build servers? Ie.. will my stuff fetched via
> pkgin have these protections?
>
> PKGSRC_USE_SSP=yes
> PKGSRC_USE_FORTIFY=yes
>
> I'm just curious.

They were made the default on pkgsrc-current after the pkgsrc-2017Q2
branch. If you are referring to netbsd pkgsrc packages, they are usually
of the stable branch and do not include them yet. 2017Q3 will.

We are using a per-OS whitelist, grep -R OPSYS_SUPPORTS_ pkgsrc/mk/platform