Re: __stack_chk_fail_local pkgsrc with gcc4.8 (was Re: minimum gcc to compile pkgsrc?

> which revision gcc48?
>
> in gcc48, grep stack work/build/gcc/config.log

This is from the latest gcc48, I had to rebuild overnight
as I had built the installed version a couple weeks ago...

 # grep stack work/build/gcc/config.log
configure:10593: checking whether sigaltstack is declared
configure:26848: checking __stack_chk_fail in target C library
configure:26890: checking for __stack_chk_fail
ac_cv_func___stack_chk_fail=yes
gcc_cv_have_decl_sigaltstack=yes

Does this imply I can disable the stack check stuff by setting
sigalstack=no in the gcc 48 build?

I'm experimenting with PKGSRC_USE_SSP=no, poppler seems to have
built with that OK (no gcc48) so now backing out a couple of
gcc48 built packages to get back to stable all native gcc pkgsrc...
Seeing if I can make a proper mess of it! :)

thanks --gene