Upgrading Radicale

I would like to upgrade Radicale from version 1.1.1 to 2.1.0 and I have a few questions.

Is there any point in renaming the current version as Radicale1 and creating a new Radicale?

There are patches to add a strip_domain config option but the new code is so different that I can't apply them, even with simple adjustments. Can I just leave them out and let someone else create new patches? I am copying sborrill@ as he made the previous patches but did not take maintainership.

To sborrill@ - would you prefer to handle this yourself? Is there some reason why you did not upgrade it yourself so far?

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>