Re: gobject-introspection is like, the worst.

On 06/29/17 11:41, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Argh!  I will update the docs.  Is that in mk.conf or the environment? What
about the other constants?

Can we make it so that if MKGCC or MKLLVM is "yes" that the other is
automatically set to "no"?

Well, the primary point is that HAVE_LLVM triggers the use of
compiler-rt etc in libc. As such, libgcc_s should no longer be used.
Since that changes the libc ABI, I can't really just change the gcc spec
to match that though.

My point is that if we set MKLLVM to "yes" when, as you suggested, we have to set MKGCC to "no" so why not do something like this wherever we are scanning these constants:

 if MKLLVM == "yes": MKGCC = "no"
 if MKGCC == "yes": MKLLVM = "no"

I mean, if they are mutually exclusive why not have the build system deal with it? By the way, I assume that the second test is actually redundant assuming what I guess are the defaults.

You still haven't answered my question although I am mostly positive what the answer is. Are the constants MKLLVM, MKGCC and HAVE_LLVM set in mk.conf or the environment. I assume the latter.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost