Re: segfault updating "devel/GConf" with 'pkg_add -U' or 'make replace'

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017, gary%duzan.org@localhost wrote:

>    Yes, I got this in a pkg_rolling-replace I did yesterday. I did find a
> core in the temporary directory (since removed).

To be sure, I did get this failure in the context of 'pkg_rolling-replace'.

>    As when I encountered the problem before, I force removed packages with
> files under gio/modules with older timestamps (not yet updated), which
> allowed the install to continue, and restarting pkg_rolling -replace
> took care of the rest.

In my case, all packages had been built with the "-introspection" option
for those that support it in pkgsrc-2017Q1 and those for which I added
it (patches in pkg/51266).  The incumbent 'gobject-introspection' was
last built under NetBSD/amd64-7.99.59 and worked long enough to satisfy
"py-gobject3-common-3.22.0" and "py27-gobject3-3.22.0" which cannot (as
far as I was able) have their dependency on "gobject-introspection"
circumvented.

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:42:23 +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>
wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what was the old version set?

It was the same as the one replacing it (GConf-2.32.4nb11).  I was
running 'pkg_rolling-replace' with "rebuild=YES" set on all packages so
they would all report being built with 8.0_BETA (or 8.99.1) instead of
various values of "7.99.*"