Re: pkgsrc using git on github

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 05:25:26AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > https://github.com/jsonn/pkgsrc [1]
> > https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc [2]
> https://github.com/jrmarino/pkgsrc-synth [3]

Wonder whether first letter "j" is mandated to mirros pkgsrc ;-)

I do not see much difference between [1] and [2], but [3] looks slightly
different. It's "modified" to suit FreeBSD probably whereas the first two
are merely a mirror (but I could be wrong).

I have used [1] on Debian and besides check out process did not find any
difference.

But question may be authenticity. [Sorry, I appreciate the work of people
who have set these up. But in today's world we have to ask this question.]

Also, if the pkgsrc-wip experience is any indicator, most people seem to
be comfortable to switchover to git. [I for one, was one of the nay sayers
on the list when the change was proposed, but am quite comfortable with it
now.]

Probably time to debate whether pkgsrc should officially adopt git.

Alternatively endorse one or more of the above links as "official" :-).

Mayuresh.