Re: Conflicting packages?

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> Mandacarú Cascavel <mancasc%yahoo.com.br@localhost> writes:
>
>> pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/texlive-collection-all try to install
>> /pkgsrc/print/ghostscript-agpl after having installed
>> pkgsrc/print/ghostscript-gpl, and both are mutually excludent. This
>> happens when texlive-collection-all is installing
>> texlive-collection-binextra.
>
> Generally, packages are suppose to depend on print/ghostcript, which
> looks at the option variable PKG_OPTIONS.gs_type, and then depends on
> -gpl (old, with a license some like better) or -agpl (current, with a
> license some don't like better).
>
> So I'd say that absent a good explanation, it's a bug to depend on
> either directly.  But the string "ghost" does not appear in
> meta-packages/texlive-collection-*/*.
>
> So if you can explain which packages depend on ghostcript directly,
> someone can look at it.
>
> It is possible that your problem is that you changed the
> PKG_OPTIONS.gs_type variable and haven't rebuilt, or something like
> that.
>
> I've kicked off a build of meta-packages/texlive-collection-all (on
> netbsd-7 amd64 with pkgsrc head), and will try to fix anything
> easy/obvious.

I built texlive-collection-all.  It worked, and I found  that
ghostcript-agpl was depended on only by ghostscript, and ghostscript was
depended on by:

  gsftopkk-1.19.2nb7
  libspectre-0.2.8
  tex-texlive-scripts-2016
  xdvik-22.87.03
  ImageMagick-7.0.6.0
  doxygen-1.8.13nb1
  tex-pdfcrop-1.37nb2
  tex-epstopdf-2.25
  tex-pst-pdf-1.2a
  tex-musixtex-1.23

(which are not all from texlive, probably).

So I think everything is ok, and you'll need to be far more specific if
you want anyone, especially me :-), to look into it further.