Re: problem with configure and PKG_CHECK_MODULES

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 11:37:58PM +0100, Dave Tyson wrote:
> On Saturday 10 June 2017 00:15:48 Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 10:20:24PM +0100, Dave Tyson wrote:
> > > pre-configure:
> > >                 cd $(WRKSRC) && autoconf
> >
> > Use
> > 	cd ${WRKSRC} && autoreconf -fiv
> > that does all the steps in the right order.
> >  Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas, thanks for getting back to me. Had a quick try, but sadly configure
> stops in the same place:
>
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/security/motion/work/motion-release-3.4.1 && autoreconf -fiv
> autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using aclocal
> autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
> svn: not found
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
> autoreconf: running: /usr/pkg/bin/autoconf --force
> svn: not found
> autoreconf: running: /usr/pkg/bin/autoheader --force
> svn: not found
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Automake
> autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
> => Modifying GNU configure scripts to avoid --recheck
> => Replacing config-guess with pkgsrc versions
> => Replacing config-sub with pkgsrc versions
> => Replacing install-sh with pkgsrc version
> checking for x86_64--netbsd-gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... (cached) /usr/bin/grep
> checking for egrep... (cached) /usr/bin/egrep
> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
> checking for sys/types.h... yes
> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
> checking for stdlib.h... yes
> checking for string.h... yes
> checking for memory.h... yes
> checking for strings.h... yes
> checking for inttypes.h... yes
> checking for stdint.h... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking minix/config.h usability... no
> checking minix/config.h presence... no
> checking for minix/config.h... no
> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
> checking for x86_64--netbsd-gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
> checking for Darwin... no
> checking for *BSD... no
> checking for x86_64--netbsd-gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
> checking threads... yes
> checking for sdl... yes
> checking for libjpeg-turbo... skipping
> checking for libjpeg-mmx... skipping
> checking for jpeg_set_defaults in -ljpeg... yes
> ./configure: 5283: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> *** Error code 2
>
> I'll have a bit more of a play tomorrow.

The problem is that automake is not installed.

I've created a partial motion package in wip which also fixes some
other problems and uses the latest distfile. It doesn't build on NetBSD due to

track.c:9:29: fatal error: linux/videodev2.h: No such file or directory

I'll leave this up to you to fix :)
 Thomas